How to: Change the Size of a Windows Azure Virtual Machine
You can change the size of a Windows Azure virtual machine by using either the Windows Azure Management Portal or PowerShell commands. The size of a virtual machine determines the number of CPU cores, the memory capacity, and the local file system size that is allocated to a running instance
To change the size of a virtual machine by using the Windows Azure Management Portal
- Sign in to the Windows Azure Management Portal.
- Choose VIRTUAL MACHINES, and then choose the virtual machine for which you want to change the size.
- Choose the CONFIGURE tab. In the VIRTUAL MACHINE SIZE drop-down box, select from the following sizes:
- Extra Small (Shared core, 768 MB Memory)
- Small (1 core, 1.75 GB Memory)
- Medium (2 cores, 3.5 GB Memory)
- Large (4 cores, 7 GB Memory)
- Extra Large (8 cores, 14 GB Memory)
- A6 (4 cores, 28 GB Memory)
- A7 (8 cores, 56 GB Memory)
- Choose the SAVE command.